I currently do Level 3 technical support for Panasas, supporting customers using our parallel NAS solutions. In the past, I was a lab manager for Sophos, did Level 2 support for IBM's Worklight / MobileFirst Platform Foundation mobile application development platform, and for many years was a system administrator / network administrator / general "jack of all trades" for IBM and Transarc Corporation. I've been a chess enthusiast and player since I was about 10 years old. Maybe, one day, I'll actually be somewhat good at it - though even if not, I still enjoy the game for it's own sake. I also hold USCF Club TD certification.
My posts here are entirely my own, and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, positions, or strategies of my any current, past, or future employer (or anyone else other than myself...).
Member for 6 years, 4 months
3 profile views
Last seen Apr 20 at 19:48
Top network posts
- 57 When (if ever) was it a rule that pawn promotion was optional?
- 28 Is there a name for a chess variant where you are allowed to capture your own pieces?
- 23 What was Arpad Elo's own Elo rating?
- 16 Why is taking notes that encourage oneself illegal in chess?
- 14 Should a player be forced to move a piece that he has picked up after a spectator knocked it off the board?
- 14 What was Arpad Elo's own Elo rating?
- 14 Why do chess engines cause immediate draws rather than giving the opponent the opportunity to blunder or run out of time?
- View more network posts →