I wish I had more time for chess, but usually work is what occupies my time. Recently, I have not had any time to play.
When I can play, I play at ICC (there are no local chess clubs where I live). I primarily play in the 3-minute pool there, and my rating hovers around 1950 - 2050. I like playing there because I usually get to play a game against an IM at least once a day. I am about 100 points shy of being able to consistently play GMs.
My USCF rating is only 1697, but I do not get to play in tournaments more than once every few years. The last one I played in my rating went up 186 points. It is hard to play in tournaments when there are none in your area.
I am a huge Nakamura fan.
Member for 8 years, 1 month
2 profile views
Last seen Jun 3 '19 at 21:58
- Stack Overflow 74.5k 74.5k 3636 gold badges174174 silver badges244244 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 29k 29k 44 gold badges6565 silver badges133133 bronze badges
- Arqade 3.1k 3.1k 1515 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- Chess 2.1k 2.1k 1111 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Beer, Wine & Spirits 558 558 33 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 450 Why use ICollection and not IEnumerable or List<T> on many-many/one-many relationships?
- 336 <button> vs. <input type="button" />. Which to use?
- 241 Increase close vote weight for gold tag badge holders
- 145 What does jQuery.fn mean?
- 127 How to clear jQuery validation error messages?
- 123 What does it mean global namespace would be polluted?
- View more network posts →