Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Member for 7 years, 5 months
I am a graduate student at UFRJ (Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro). You can see my webpage on IM-UFRJ here.
My area is Geometry and Topology. Specifically, I studied the free loop space of globally symmetric spaces and its homology in the specific case of CROSS's (Compact Rank One Symmetric Spaces) in my MSc. Today, I am leaning towards symplectic topology and Floer homology, expecting to hopefully come up as unscathed as possible from the process of scavenging for references on the subject.
My main interests reside in the following areas:
- Set Theory
- Foundations of Mathematics
- Functional Analysis
- Measure Theory
I also like music, and I'm a huge fan of guitarist John Frusciante.
I have a blog, on which I post something every once in a millennium: http://aloiziomacedo.weebly.com/
I have a Real Analysis book in development (mostly done), which you can see here (I've been adding some things, so the last sections are still incomplete).
You can contact me at aloiziomacedo AT gmail DOT com.
- Mathematics♦ 31.3k 31.3k 55 gold badges5353 silver badges114114 bronze badges
- Chess 553 553 44 silver badges99 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 381 381 11 silver badge1010 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 374 374 22 silver badges66 bronze badges
- Physics 255 255 11 silver badge88 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 48 Why do we care about dual spaces?
- 35 What is a topological space good for?
- 35 What is the most rigorous definition of a matrix?
- 35 Is it okay to "ignore" small numbers in limits where $x$ approaches infinity?
- 31 Is this theorem already in existence?
- 31 What is(are) the reason(s) for defining things in the following way?
- 26 What are Different Approaches to Introduce the Elementary Functions?
- View more network posts →