Chess: Club player in England, (+- 1640 ELO). With that rating I'm not going to provide too much insights into the subtleties of the game itself, but I am strangely fascinated with its social aspects.
Philosophy: Scientific realist, hard physicalist. I used to take it seriously, but these days I find philosophical musings rather tedious.
Job: Java/Enterprise, banking
Physics: Just an interested observer
- Chess 5.2k 5.2k 22 gold badges2323 silver badges4444 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 819 819 55 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Philosophy 473 473 22 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Politics 371 371 22 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Physics 348 348 22 silver badges77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 63 Is it normal to spend as much, if not more, time writing tests than actual code?
- 30 Why is Jovanka Houska introduced as a WGM when she holds the more prestigious IM title?
- 29 Are there moves in chess that are considered unsporting?
- 28 What is the correct pawn promotion procedure?
- 26 What prevents a government from taxing its citizens living abroad?
- 24 Why is stalemate a draw?
- 22 Is the second law of thermodynamics a fundamental law, or does it emerge from other laws?
- View more network posts →