While I've always been much more interested in the art/science/beauty of the game than competitive results, I'm a player of decent strength (in strictly amateur terms: 2160 USCF at my peak).
I'm currently one of the temp moderators here at the chess.SE beta site. If you have any questions about the place, please feel free to ask over on the meta side of the site, or contact email@example.com.
Member for 7 years, 8 months
81 profile views
Last seen Aug 8 '19 at 13:12
- Chess 20.8k 20.8k 44 gold badges7777 silver badges153153 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 2.1k 2.1k 22 gold badges1414 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- Seasoned Advice 213 213 22 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Personal Finance & Money 200 200 22 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 152 152 11 gold badge33 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 40 How do chess openings work?
- 36 What does ELO stand for?
- 33 Strategy in middlegame from boring positions
- 33 Why would one promote a pawn to a knight?
- 32 Is allowing takebacks in friendly games a bad practice?
- 29 Dr. John Nunn vs Irving Chernev's "Logical Chess Move by Move"
- 29 What are some of the checkmates with very few moves?
- View more network posts →