While I've always been much more interested in the art/science/beauty of the game than competitive results, I'm a player of decent strength (in strictly amateur terms: 2160 USCF at my peak).
I'm currently one of the temp moderators here at the chess.SE beta site. If you have any questions about the place, please feel free to ask over on the meta side of the site, or contact email@example.com.
Member for 9 years, 2 months
85 profile views
Last seen Aug 8 '19 at 13:12
- Chess 22.4k 22.4k 44 gold badges8888 silver badges165165 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 2.2k 2.2k 22 gold badges1616 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- Seasoned Advice 213 213 22 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Personal Finance & Money 200 200 22 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 152 152 11 gold badge33 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 44 What does ELO stand for?
- 42 How do chess openings work?
- 36 Strategy in middlegame from boring positions
- 35 Why would one promote a pawn to a knight?
- 34 Is allowing takebacks in friendly games a bad practice?
- 34 Is chess a solved game?
- 31 Do strong players move their pieces with different relative frequencies than weak players?
- View more network posts →