I just saw a post from the stackoverflow blog with the following suggestion: "If your meta site does not have a post to nominate Moderators, start one now!" I searched to see if there was such a post here, and didn't find one. So here we go.
That same blog post lists desirable qualities for moderators to have:
- Have a reasonably high reputation score to indicate active, consistent participation.
- Show an interest in their meta’s community-building activities.
- Lead by example, showing patience and respect for their fellow community members in everything they write.
- Exhibit those intangible traits discussed in A Theory of Moderation.
And bonus points for:
- Members with participation in both meta and the parent site (i.e. interest in both community building and expertise in the field).
- Area 51 participation, social network referrals, or blogging about the site.
- Members who have already shown an interest or ability to promote their community.
If there's someone you would like to nominate as a moderator pro tem for chess.SE, please post an answer below giving the nominee's name (linked to his or her user profile on main and meta). Each nominee should appear in a separate answer. Self-nomination is okay, even encouraged (since a young site means relatively limited knowledge of other users). If you do nominate a 3rd party, he or she will need to accept the nomination by editing the answer to reflect that fact.