Stack Exchange Network
Stack Exchange network consists of 181 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers.
Visit Stack Exchange
UPDATE: Based on feedback, we have told Stack Exchange that we want hats. Stay tuned for more information on how this will work...
Last year, Stack Exchange had an event called Hat Dash for gaming.stackexchange.com. Users could earn "hats" for their gravatar by completing various tasks - very similar to the current badge system.
This year, Stack Exchange is expanding the event to include all sites that wish to participate.
Here's the run down:
- The event will run from 19 December 2012 to 4 January 2013.
- Users will be able to see their entire hat collection on http://winterba.sh. That site will also have a landing page, explaining the rules and other details of the event.
- Individual users who don’t want to participate, don’t want to see hats, and/or are generally anti-hat will have an "I hate hats" option available..
- The only visual change to the site itself will be the presence of the hats and the "I hate hats" button in the footer.
- We need to let Stack Exchange know by 28 November 2012, so vote away on if you want hats.
asked Nov 21, 2012 at 5:24
15.1k1616 silver badges2424 bronze badges
Yes, we want hats! Hats are fun!
No, we don't want hats, the site is fine without them.
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged